Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wishing Away the Days til June 7

I feel guilty doing this, because every day that passes means that the cancer has one more day against my mother. My sister is there again with her and my dad. She is getting to the point where my dad can't take care of her. She is still fighting as much as she can. It is tough. Janet says she thinks my mother is scared. She hates to have to have people wait on her and that she can't do for herself. I wish she could have the peace of knowing that soon she will experience the joy of leaving her useless body behind and going on to the next existence, where it will be more wonderful than we can imagine and where she gets to commune with all those special to her whom have also passed on.

I guess you can guess why I'm wishing the days til June. Then I will be done with school and with this year. I am SO ready for this. This has been a rough year for me in many ways. I'm ready for it to be over and ready for a rest. Then I'll be ready to reve up for fall.

One more day until weigh in. Today I'm visiting the farmers market - leaving campus to go over there. This is the second week. I love those fresh vegies they have right from the farm. I haven't had time to plant much myself.

It's foggy and chilly. Here's hoping for some sun. Here's hoping for a good day,
Sue

2 comments:

Gardini said...

I lost my Mom to lung cancer...there comes a point where the quality of life is gone...and when that is recognized and accepted there is a quiet passing.. and those left behind feel relief as well as loss. It is frustrating to not be able to do anything to 'fix it". My Mom started sleeping about 23 hours a day. I miss her, but don't miss what she was enduring.

Sue Saari said...

That is exactly what my mother is doing now. She is sleeping almost all the time. Even when she is awake she is not present, if you know what I mean. Thanks for sharing, Ron. I have so many conflicting emotions right now. Mostly, though, I'm wishing she would accept it. That hasn't come yet. Bob's mother never did accept it, so sometimes this does not happen.