Later...
The nurses figured out how to help her be more comfortable. Now she is sleeping and her breathing is better. I don't think she'll be here too much longer. I am now hoping that God will take her soon. The doctor came in and said something that made me think. He said sometimes the spirit is ready, but the body fights on. I was thinking that it was the opposite. Maybe he is right. Maybe her spirit wants to go now, but her body is still fighting.
It is good to be with my sister and brother and their kids. They are such wonderful young girls. Wow, my sister and brother did a nice job raising them.
I get to go home tomorrow to Bob and the guys. I miss my hubbie, Essi, and Otto,
Sue
2 comments:
Not much I can add to that. The biggest comfort that a son or daughter can have, is to be there to support the parents when they are fading. By this time, the parent may be unaware, but the survivors comfort one another, just by being there. You have done that, and supporting your sister and brother is what families do.
There is a sense of relief that overshadows grief. You are doing good stuff...hang in !
Gardini
Thanks, Ron. Bob and I are lucky to have such a good friend as you are.
Post a Comment