Monday, May 10, 2010

Plenty of Sleep

They say that plenty of sleep is essential for good health. I agree. Sleep has a way of making anything better. I seem to need eight hours, seven at the minimum. As you age, especially in illness, you need more. I think the body's trying to repair during sleep, to concentrate the body's energies toward rebuilding, if you have a healthy body. If you don't have a healthy body, then sleep is the way the body gets a break from fighting the illness, or at least the conscious fighting.

I have a dear friend who claims she only needs 4 or 5 hours a night. She loves coffee too. Surprise, surprise! She needs the caffeine to keep alert from not enough sleep. She says no, though.

I'm still taking care of my mother. She had a very good day yesterday where she had very little drifting away from me. My brother said the greatest thing last night. My dad and I were talking to him on the phone. My dad was explaining her illness in very clear terms. Then he said, "Billy, don't worry about your mother." Billy said, "I'm not worrying, Dad. I just want her to know that I love her." That's how I feel too.

Cheers from the local Marsh Road Starbucks (with the lousy music playing right now),
Sue

No comments: