How should I handle a terrible sweet tooth? Lisa (my nutritionist) says to limit sugars and refined flours. It does seem like the more you have the more you want. I know there is actually a scientific explanation for this when your sugar levels are spiked and then crash. Lisa wants me to maintain a steady metabolism without those spikes. Is this one of the secrets of taming a sweet tooth?
It works temporarily to totally limit sugar. But we live in the real world. Eventually you're going to have something sweet and you have to learn how to handle this in moderation. And there are natural sweets, like fruits, that are good for you.
I did not loose this week due to too many sweets. OK, back on the wagon and back with it.
47 weeks to go with 4 down.
Sue
2 comments:
OK....I have the same problem. I got off of my program the week before, and then when I went to Florida. The next week was up 5 pounds. I was very disappointed in myself. My rationilization was: I am taking a vacation from this strict program, and I paid the price.
The good news is that I went back on it and in 2 weeks, lost 5 1/2 lbs. So what is the "it" that I went back on?
NO FLOUR NO SUGAR !!! I count WW points, eat banana mid morning, an orange in the afternoon, sugar free fat free instant pudding at night.
If you will do this for a week, 7 little days, 168 hours, you really will lose the desire for the sweets and flour foods. I discovered that if you break the cycle and go back, pounds come back fairly easy. However, using fruit for a snack, and by the way, you can have mashed or baked potatoes which really helps, Ezekiel bread, Triscuts (love the olive Oil and cracked pepper)
shrimp in cocktail sauce....the pounds will come off.
Tomorrow is the dreaded weigh in...but I haven't cheated this week...so I will let you know.
BTW I understand that Blueberries are excellent as a fruit as well as strawberries.
here is a final tip: Rid your fridge and pantry of sugar and flour stuff..if it aint there...it aint there. Have plenty of fruit etc for those gnawing at you hungry times.
All it takes is discipline, commitment, and persistence. Changing your eating is a journey not a destination, and the journey of a single mile begins with 1000 "I can do this".....and...Buddy...YOU CAN DO IT !!!
Thanks, Ron! Good comments! I hear you. I want to do this.
Post a Comment