Saturday, May 22, 2010

LOTS of Rain

We got over 4 inches in just a short time yesterday evening. Strong thunderstorms went through twice. Our patio was a river. The gutters were overflowing. Everything was under water. Yikes! Then it drained away somewhere. It's kind of symbolic. Even when the storm seems severe and the water rises. It then drains away and this too shall pass, I guess. Change is the one thing you can always count on.

I probably got my pound loss yesterday, but it wasn't fun. I spent a lot of time in the bathroom, or at least when I could (if you know what I mean). The kids were wild. Sometimes the teachers give them sugar before they come to music, as in cookies, juice, brownies. It's just like someone injected them with speed. They literally spin and jump with a sugar high. Maybe sugar is not so good for you, or not good for them. I wouldn't mind spinning and jumping a bit, though. Ha! Their energy is amazing.

Have a good and health day,
Sue

2 comments:

Gardini said...

ust back from Weight watchers...gained 1.8 this past week, and I don't know how. The nature of this journey includes inexplicable hills and valleys. My Doc says that weight loss is not a straight descending line,the nature of the body and metabolism incudes "spikes". The challenge is to stay committed, keep doing what you are supposed to, persist, don't give up or give in. I once had a 5 week plateau where i didn't lose any pounds, however, by chance i measured myself and had lost 2 inches around the waist. So....as unhappy as i am with the results, I am not quitting or discouraged.
HANG IN !!!!

Sue Saari said...

Good for you, Ron! We both are very proud of you. I know how hard it is!!!! Keep it up and don't give up. I am also keeping on and doing what it takes.