Saturday, May 1, 2010

Dine out without pigging out

How do you eat out and not pig out? I think one of the ways is to know what the restaurant serves and decide before you go what you're going to have. This works with places you've been before. For a new place, eat a snack before hand. We were invited to be with friends and try a new restaurant (to me anyway). We had appetizers and drinks at their house, also dessert there too. The bill was cheaper too. I had soft-shelled crabs, the first time I've ever had them away from the coast. They were good.

I think another way to eat out without gaining is put the focus on the people you're eating with instead of the food. It was so good to be with friends! It was fun catching up and talking. What a nice neighborhood they live in.

I always try to go for the seafood - fortunate, because that's what I like anyway. Restaurants get it fresh because they fly it in.

We're meeting some other friends today. We rarely do this and this will be two times in one weekend.

Unfortunately, it's raining. I would prefer that it rain during the week when I can't be outside! Oh well. I have some day lilies to get into the ground and it has to be done this weekend, rain or not.

Does anybody have any more hints for dining out? I wish you'd join and comment!! Let's do it together!

Sue

2 comments:

bob said...

A problem with restaurants is that they serve too big helpings. Any ideas?

Sue Saari said...

Divide the meal in two. Actually, that works great with the meat. You can get an extra salad.