Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Can Fast Food Be Healthy?

Is it possible? I think Chipotles comes the closest. Of course, the major fast food joints are not organic. In fact, they are the primary reason or mover behind all the processed food you find in the supermarkets. The food industry is making food for the Wendys and McDonalds and also makes so much for the supermarkets. People want convenience and speed over quality and nutrition. I sure wish we could do something about this? I guess the only hope is to change the small world I touch, my own diet and my husbands. Maybe it's possible to make some inroads with my immediate family, but my mother thinks organic is a gimmick. She said so when she was still herself. She was always buying the cheapest at the supermarket, no matter what. So... change the parts I can must be the motto.

Go healthy,
Sue

2 comments:

bob said...

Check out the PBS documentary on our food called Food, Inc. that'll scare the heck out of ya...

Ron Gardiner said...

Hi Sue; Just back from the Gym...walked 1 mile stationary bike 1 mile...not my idea of fun. However, here are a couple of thoughts for your consideration.
In the last 2 weeks I have lost 5.5 pounds. Notrelated to exercise (did you know it takes a 1 hour walk to work off a tablespoon of butter?) but I digress.
I am doing no flour no sugar...the first week is a challenge...but you will lose the desire for those foods after a week.
There is a product called Ezekiel bread that is good for toast...it uses unprocessed grain...in fact it is kept refrigerated maybe even frozen in the store....it will get you through for sandwiches and toast. Ham or canadian bacon, eggbeaters, all work. Bob Evans has some packaged hash browns that are not frozen...cook them in a small bit of oil (not butter) and that is a full breakfast..maybe7 WW points...anyway.TRY no flour no sugar for a week.
Gardini