Summer has arrived with the humidity. Eek! Now if we could get some sun too, that would be nice. We need to dry out a bit.
There was a lunch for our volunteers today. It was nice to get something different for lunch. There were some nice salads and chicken. There was a WW person there counting up her points. I think it works better to divide your plate into fourths: 1/4 protein, 1/4 starch/carbs, and 1/4 veggies. She had a big piece of chicken and hardly anything else. And guess was she let her daughter eat? Potato chips! I was aghast. And she made some comment like, "she's such a picky eater..." Right... Kids should be encouraged to eat properly and not permitted to just eat chips. Her daughter is headed for weight issues when she gets older. Enough soap box for one evening, but I do think if I ate healthier when I was growing up it would have helped now. My mother studied nutrition in Home Economics, but it was not the nutrition of health. She actually grew up eating healthier than I did. She always stated that they were poor and didn't eat much meat and ate from their garden. This is actually the healthier way to eat rather than to have so much meat and canned veggies and desserts.
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment