Thursday, February 24, 2011

Let's Put on a Show

Or how about 5 of them? You just haven't lived until you've prepared third and fourth graders for their late winter shows. It's an unforgetable experience. Today my wonderful art teacher friend made some Yankee Doodle hats for my third graders. They might take the prize for cuteness, or perhaps the didgeridoo players will. My fourth graders are dancing the Virginia Reel, flying 9 foot scarf canopies and some other neat stuff. My favorite song is a song about wild geese flying away. We have glockenspiels accompanying their flight, pretty neat sounding. Am I proud? I think they're pretty amazing. I wish I had 1/10th the energy they have. Wow. They certainly do keep you hopping!

TGIF,
Sue

2 comments:

GARDINI said...

SHOWTIME at Salem Hellers Evangelical Reformed Church....showing my Smilebox presentation....telling about Brazil...singing a song in Portugese and English then Sunday Evening same routine withe the GAP male Chorus.....no triangles or digeridoo's but still some prep required... (Why do I get myself into these things?)

Sue Saari said...

I'd like to learn the Portuguese song. Got a simple one I could teach the kids?