Saturday, February 26, 2011

Starting Seeds

It's almost time to start some. I love home grown tomatoes. I like the ones I grow, the heirlom varieties that I have tested and love. I like Stupice, Brandywine, Sun Gold, Rutgers, San Marzano, Green Striped, Yellow Pear Cherry. Yum. I'm going to try a couple tomatoes mixed in with flowers in the front border this year. Ornamentals that you can eat. I love growing lettuces and greens too and fresh herbs. Nothing better than your own basil. It's fun to watch them grow from a tiny seed to a big plant.

Been shopping for cheap airfares to Paris and there are none. It's very expensive to go when we must go. But the hotel is reasonable via Rick Steves book.

Time to sleep now,
Sue

1 comment:

GARDINI said...

stayed with the plan today....busy day tomorrow,....may look for airfares for you....what are the dates?,not into plants
Busy week next week