Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Basil

Basil is one of my favorite herbs. I love Genovese, regular sized leaves and good for cooking; Dark Opal, red and great to add special zip and color to dishes; Sweet Thai, one of the more beautiful to grow with pretty flowers and an anise flavor. Basil likes richer soil and lots of sun. I pinch its leaves whenever I see the flowers start to come. You get more branches and more leaves. I love to make pesto and freeze it in icecube trays. Once they freeze you can put them in a freezer bag and have pesto whenever you want. Yum.

What are your favorite herbs? Share!
Sue

3 comments:

GARDINI said...

Herb Zarrow is my favorite....he invented a false shuffle that looks like you are really shuffling the cards, but retains the exact order top to bottom....known as the Zarrow Shuffle

GARDINI said...

PS: I am back

Sue Saari said...

Yeah!!!! I missed your thoughtful words of wisdom and mirth! Hee, hee, hee!