Friday, December 3, 2010

Vitamin D and School Lunches

Do you need a supplement? New studies say no, but my doctor says yes, especially in the winter. You get less sun then. It can help with the immune system to fight off colds and flu. I take some every day.

Also, check out the new law going to Obama's desk to improve school lunches. All I can say is that it's about time. I sure don't like what we serve our kids most days. We had an inspector in this week. They had a wonderful lunch that day: tomato soup, toasted cheese sandwich, fresh carrots, canned pears or peaches, and milk. The only thing is that most days they get warmed up convenience food that they unfreeze and warm up. Not so good. The last line of the article in the USAToday said they are encouraging school gardens. I wonder if there will be real money offered that actually makes it to the school systems, or just a bunch of words.

Buona sera
Sue

2 comments:

GARDINI said...

My life is returning to normal,finally have this secondary laptop working so I can use it....is running Vista not XP but I am managing.

I TOLD YOU....there would be a good report today...lost 2.4 pounds this week...WW has launched it's new program and their explanation makes sense...looking at carbs and fat vs protein and fiber....good news is eat allthe fruit you want....no points...however potatoes corn peas skim milk all went up in value...it really works out about the same.....goal for next week is 2.6 (3 would be wonderful)

Sue Saari said...

Congrats! I went up a pound. It was probably 2 before last week with all the Thanksgiving eating.