Friday, December 31, 2010

I'm Back

I took a few days off from blogging. We had a very nice few days off. Of course, I wish it were more. Another week would be nice. I have been reading a lot. Great books by Steig Larsson translated from the Swedish. A teacher at school told me about them. They are in the murder mystery genre, something I usually read in the summer. They are real page turners. They have been translated to over 30 countries and apparently are a sensation. Larsson was Swedish. He died in 2004 of a heart attack at 52. Yikes! That's young. I think he was planning to write 10 books in the series, but he completed only three.

Anyhoo... we made it through the holidays in not too bad a shape. We're back on the trail this week, the trail of health, that is. I have done my workouts. Weights yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks and I'm sore. You loose it so fast it's pathetic. I did some baking, but all the cookies are gone, given away to the neighbors. We had a little party inviting the neighbors over this week. We are so lucky as we have some fantastic neighbors that we really like. It was a soup and salad party. Very nice. I did the planning and preparation up front, and was able to just enjoy the folks. Kids came too. Bob got a taste of my days - hee, hee!

Sorry I haven't been blogging. I've saved up some good health tips that I'll be passing along.

Happy New Year!
Sue

1 comment:

gardini said...

Happy New Year from Statesville NC Hampton Inn...returning from Florida....will write more next week