Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Missing the Good Sweats

Picture a green marsh with a stream running through it that eventually empties into the ocean. There are pine trees on the edges of the marsh. The smell is pungent, like salty mud. You can hear water running by and sea birds squawking. It's warm and humid. Compare that to 32 degrees, dry cold, that cuts right through your coat. There are snowflakes falling on your head and face that melt when they hit the ground. Everything is muted in color, even the sky. Which do you like best? You can probably guess what gets me vote. The cold makes me want to sleep and eat, an urge I must constantly fight. I can see why the Scandinavians like their saunas. In the winter you miss the good sweats.

I helped wrap some presents for our family that the school faculty adopted for Christmas. There were clothes and toys for all four children. Kind of neat.

Good night and sleep tight,
Sue

No comments: