We lost our beloved Otto today. All his systems shut down, and he died peacefully at our vet, Dave's, office this morning. He was a wonderful companion for 19 and a half years. Essi, B, and I are sad, but spent some time this evening fondly remembering all the neat things he did. I have just recently blogged about him in his older days, but in his younger days he walked as "lead dog." He occasionally enjoyed rotten tomatoes and chipmunk heads. He enjoyed planking (lying prone) in front of the heating vent, getting his head to 100 degrees. He was very athletic, jumping from the back of the sofa when he felt like it. We think we had him so long partially due to the fact that he lost his sight. He was blind for almost 7 years. It saved his back. He especially loved napping with us by our sides. He was a good little guy. We'll really miss him. However, tonight Essi went immediately to the "primo spot" beside me on the chair where Otto always sat in the evening. We think she knows not only that he is gone, but that he won't come back. Otto, RIP, you sweet curmudgeon.
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What can I say...I feel your loss....when Major was put to sleep... I cried...tonight...when i start to fall asleep i will shed a tear for Otto, and one for Bob an Sue ....not for the loss.... but the pain of the loss... I understand
Thanks for the thoughts. We miss him.
Post a Comment