Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pity Party

Well, I'd really like to not turn this into a big pity party where I write about how hard it all is. But, yesh is it ever hard! There are many things that stand in my way. I like to use those things as excuses to eat, even if it's good food. Eating just makes me feel better right then. It's one of the few immediate reaction things there are. I'd like to figure out how to react or how to find other things that can make me feel as good as eating does RIGHT NOW.

I have done this dieting thing many times. A good friend said to me once that diets don't work. They don't work because after the diet's over, you go back to your old habits and gain the weight back. A wise person recently told me that having success in getting healthy is done by making small long-term changes. That is you make changes and you keep doing them, like forever. You don't go back to the old way.

I am worried about my mother and a procedure I'm having next week. I have a job that really drains me, in that it takes everything I have most days. I come home really exhausted (like yesterday). I flop on the sofa and my wonderful husband cooks me dinner. Today I had a few piano students which I do sometimes. After I'm finished teaching them, then it's time for dinner. And today it was good too. I have a glass of wine with dinner. I enjoy this, but know these calories are so called empty.

I have to lay off aspirin and Aleve and ibuprofen for a week. Oh, my poor aching feet. Yes, I have arthritis in them and they hurt like a son of a gun. But, there I go on the pity party again.

Hey, this time of year is difficult for teachers. The kids are done, and we have had it.

Something good I did today? Ah... I made it. The kids got good music classes, not superior, but good. When I see their smiles, this is a nice reward for hard work.

Here's to doing better tomorrow,
Sue

No comments: