3 lbs down, 47 to go
1 week down, 51 to go
Well, it’s been a week. I stepped on the scale and – low and behold – it was good news. The count is started. The battle continues.
I am tempted by Dairy Queens and United Dairy Farmers. My car just wants to swing in there and get a treat. I love ice cream or custard. I know that it’s ok once in a while, but not as a habit. Yesterday I was driving by a UDF and wanted to go in there and get a malted. But I said to myself, just drive on by. And I did. I just drove on by. I think my success will depend on how many times I can just drive on by and avoid the high calorie treats.
I did have a nice low calorie treat of a walk around the Cincinnati Flower Show. I saw a really nice window box I liked with lots of tuberous begonias, dark red coleus, and fushias stuffed in tightly. It was really pretty. The only thing missing was fragrance. I need to have something that smells good along with looking good.
I also saw a few clever people’s ideas they were trying to turn into a business. One guy had a native plants and seeds business. He lives in southeast Ohio in the Hocking Hills area. He had some heirloom tomato plants that I couldn’t resist. I was on strict orders NOT to buy any plants because I’ve already bought too many. What’s new? I can’t seem to resist plants. I pour over the plant catalogs and want to buy everything in there.
I also bought a pair of clippers to replace ones I lost last fall somewhere in the yard. They allow you to cut through branches by pumping the handle – very handy in light pruning. The fellow selling them was very entertaining too, a real snake oil salesman with a southern accent. He had his talk down to a science with the demos, etc. He was the kind you see at the fairs selling miracle mops for $9.99 or whatever. Well, the Florians he was selling really are great. I missed having mine. I walk around the yard with my Felco and Florian and I can clean up/prune up anything.
There is a bird banging the window this morning. I hate that. I will have to put something up there to discourage her. We usually have robin doing this, but this time it’s a female house finch. I think they see themselves in the window and think it’s another bird coming into their territory.
I have a procedure on Monday morning to suck a few cells out for testing. Ugh! They have you coming and going. I know it’s nothing, but have to do this in order to be sure.
A piano student is coming soon. Her mother is a good friend and we love to talk gardening. So, that’s all for now.
Sue
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment