I know the number at the scale isn’t supposed to rule your life, but I don’t like that number- the number the scale says I weigh. I also care about organic, healthy living. I love to garden, and I love eating well. Hey, I love eating not so well too.
I had an epiphany the other morning. I got on the scale, looked at the number, and said to my myself - how in the world did I get here? I had a birthday this month and didn't like that number either. I have been noticing lately that it doesn’t look much like me when I look in the mirror.
Bob (my husband) and I had watched the movie “Julie and Julia” last night, and I was inspired by the character, Julie, who started a blog and changed her life. I thought to myself – why not me? Why not start a blog and send my thoughts out there on getting healthy? Surely there must be somebody out there – you? – who wants to loose weight and get healthy AND (and these are important words) live organically.
I’ve been a fanatical organic gardener for over 20 years, and a non organic gardener for more years than that. I have had a growing concern over what people (including me) put in their mouths for a long time. I have long made a pledge to myself to eat organically, garden organically, and live organically. Yet I am too heavy, and I am not healthy right now.
I have lost and gained weight many times. I’ve tried Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, any number of diet books, going to a nutritionist, and doing it alone. I’ve counted points, calories, and grapefruits. I have always gained the weight back and more. I’m sick of this. I don’t want to grow old being too heavy and not able to do what I want physically.
Do I still put not-so-healthy stuff in my mouth? Yes, I do. Too often. My extra weight is slowing me down now. I’m going to do something about it. So, here it goes. I’m pledging to go for 50 pounds off in one year. That’s one pound a week. I’m going to blog about it. I hope some people start reading and start commenting. We can help each other get healthy and better yet, stay healthy.
Yours in health,
Sue
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment